Thursday, April 10, 2014

Parker IM Fountain Pen Review

Another day, another pen review! This time I am reviewing the Parker IM Fountain Pen (with Gold Trim) It is sold at JetPens for a price of $28.50 USD.

If a pen were to be a car... this pen would be a Ferrari. 



 ##############

Parker IM Fountain Pen Likes


1) My first like with this pen is its build quality. Parker is known for their pens, and this pen is probably one of the reasons why their company has such a good name.  The pen is very heavy and made of high quality brass. It feels very heavy in the hand, with or without the cap posted to the top of it. 

2) My second like is this pen's nib. Unlike that Zebra pen which I reviewed previously, this nib is of high quality and does not flex or move at all. It is very solid and reacts smoothly to your hand movements. I would go close to call it almost like the tip of a knife in some ways.... but lets not go there. Pens are for peace not for war! Writing wise, the nib enables smooth writing, and is not at all scratchy or skippy.

3) The box has to count too right?  It comes packaged beautifully in a nice box that I see myself using it to hold other pens in.












~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parker IM Fountain Pen Gripes

1) Getting the ink inside this pen was a frustration. Half the ink came out on my hand because the pen failed to squeeze out the ink and let it flow. It took me a good 5 minutes to get it working.

2) The ink itself is way too wet. I am a fast writer, and the ink comes out fast, but too wet. My hands slide over my lettering and messes up my work!  Maybe this is due to the medium nib. I wish this pen came in a fine nib so my lines would be thinner and I would use less ink. The ink on this pen also bleeds through my paper. Copy paper, and lined Staples spiral notebook paper.

------------------------------
FINAL VERDICT

Beautifully constructed and okay functioning. This fountain pen might not be for starters like myself. It is flashy and very nice, but its nib and function seems to be for long time fountain pen users. A wet ink and medium nib make this pen smooth for writing, but also causes smearing of letters. 

4/5 Pens











                                                                                   













No comments:

Post a Comment